Head of the Research Lab: Prof. Dr. Ekrem Tüfekci
Laboratory Staff (By Academic Title Order)
Prof. Dr Ekrem TUFEKCI
Res. Assist. Hilal KOC
Res. Assist. Vehbi OZTEKIN
Res. Assist. Inci PIR
Res. Assist. Can DIKICIOGLU
ITU Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Composite Materials Laboratory is a research laboratory that mainly examines manufacturing methods, numerical modeling, and experimental characterization of nanoparticle reinforced polymer-based nanocomposites. In addition, in this laboratory, basic composite material knowledge is given to postgraduate students of the ITU Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
- Introduction studies within the scope of MKC516 Mechanics of Composite Materials course.
- Manufacturing the nanocomposites by adding various nanoparticles into polymer-based matrices.
- Numerical modeling of the manufactured nanocomposites.
- Experimental characterization of the manufactured nanocomposites.
- İTÜ BAP Project: MYL-2021-43440, “Manufacturing and Mechanical Characterization of Epoxy-Based Nanocomposites Reinforced by Adding Halloysite Nanotube and Nanorubber”, Project Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Ekrem TUFEKCI, Researcher: Inci PIR, (02.12.2021 - 02.12.2022).